- 1.Notable Google Meet Features
- 1.Update Google Meet Online to the latest
- Google Meet Online (June 2021):">1 Google Meet Online (June 2021):
- Google Meet Online (05/2021):">2 Google Meet Online (05/2021):
- Google Meet Online (April 3, 2021):">3 Google Meet Online (April 3, 2021):
- Google Meet Online (February 2021):">4 Google Meet Online (February 2021):
- Google Meet Online (December 2020) :">5 Google Meet Online (December 2020) :
- Google Meet Online (November 2020):">6 Google Meet Online (November 2020):
- 1.How to join an online meeting or class on Google Meet
Google Meet, known as Hangouts Meet, is a convenient online meeting, online learning website , effective right in the browser. Using this version, you don't need to download Google Meet and install it, just log in to your Google account and you can use it right away.
Google Meet is super cool. suitable for use in business and educational environments. Along with Zoom Meetings or Cisco Webex Meetings, Google Meet is always the top priority choice for working remotely or studying from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Google Meet is super easy to use, allowing users to interact and connect with everyone in real time very easily.
Up to 30 people can chat and share with each other. at the same time via Google Meet. For larger subscription plans, you'll be able to make video calls to 50, or 100 people.
Excellent online meeting or distance learning with Google Meet
Users need a G Suite account to create and start a conference or study online on Google Meet. However, people who attend online classes or online meetings need only a normal Gmail account. Note that the Google Meet Online version does not support all browsers, such as Safari. We recommend using Google Chrome for the best experience.
Notable Google Meet Features
- Host a free video meeting or online class, stay connected anytime, anywhere.
- Set up Quick meeting or class and then share the link so everyone can join.
- Use your Google account to join, no need to sign up for a new account or install additional plug-ins. .
- Simple interface, smart attendee management.
- Make smooth, stable group video calls.
- Ticket Fully integrated with G-Suite to join meetings from Google Calendar events or email invitations.
- Multi-platform support: desktop, smartphone and tablet.
- Teams using Skype for Business or follow-up meetings Both SIP and H.323 standards (such as Webex) have the ability to join a meeting on Hangouts Meet.
- Participants can make quick calls right in the meeting.
Continually update Google Meet to try out new features
Update Google Meet Online to the latest
Google Meet Online (June 2021):
Add Co -host (sub-host) to Google Meet
- Host management is a useful function for meeting managers on all Workspace versions to organize secure online meetings. The primary host can use the Host Management feature to add up to 25 sub-hosts to the meeting.
- Host Management supports all versions of Google Workspace Editions. With this feature enabled, the main host can use the following set of security functions: lock chat, lock slide show, end meeting, and mute everyone's mic.
- Session number The Workspace version can use Host Management to add up to 25 sub-hosts for the meeting.
Host reserves the right to specify an additional 25 co-hosts for Google Meet meetings
The following Workspace versions are allowed to add co-hosts:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- And all versions of Workspace for Education
- Depending on the version of Google Workspace, Host Management is enabled or disabled by default as well as is toggled right in the meeting.
- Member who wants to become a co-host must appear in the meeting.
- Co-host has the right to turn off Host Management. But only the main host can re-enable this feature.
- Members are not allowed to assign or delete co-hosts from the lounge.
- Members must be a member. main room to receive permissions.
- Only the main host can receive meeting information, including participation reports or poll results; but can share this information with co-hosts.
- Host Management settings are saved for future meetings if they have the same code. Host must reassign co-host for later meetings.
New Google Meet now supports livestream function with more advanced options
Add notes to Live stream session
Participants of an online meeting/class need to enable the Live stream caption option to view captions. The note language is automatically set according to the meeting language.
Support cross-platform livestream
Allow the online meeting to be broadcast to all members in the domain Trusted Workspace.
Google Meet video/audio recording support for Education Plus users
Meet class/meeting members with Education Plus license are able to Session recording feature if desired.
Set up a new Admin to join the meeting
Depending on the type of Google account you are using, there will be new instructions indicate the type of meeting or class that you have the right to attend and vice versa, who can join the meeting you organize.
Updating the raise of hand function
Members raising their hand to speak will be moved to the grid main. Everyone will be notified to lower their hands after speaking. Meeting moderators are also notified to see the order and number of people raising their hands to speak.
New language for Google Meet notes
Notes support Added German, Portuguese and Spanish interface support.
Google Meet Online (05/2021):
Google Meet introduces a new layout, allowing more content to be displayed and more convenient controls
Google Meet Bringing new layouts to Laptops and PCs. According to user feedback, the Meet interface is simplified, adding space for the Video feed, content and easier controls; details are:
- All controls will be in the bar at the bottom of the meeting window. This bar is always visible.
- At the same time, you will be able to see other members on the screen.
- Change the view on your device, switch between images floating and mesh. Settings will be remembered for future meetings.
- Use tile view to see multiple members at once.
- Manage extensions 3rd party shared with Meet.
Check meeting code expiration
Each meeting will have a unique code and expiration date depends on the software/ the application that created it. You will be able to create meetings from:
- Google Calendar
- Google Chat
- Google Classroom
- Google Hangouts
- Google Meet Lounge
- Google Meet Home - meet.google.com
- Google Meeting room devices
- Google Nest
- 3rd party software such as Outlook
Presentation in Google Meet from Google Docs , Sheets or Slides
- You can present directly on Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
Google Meet Online (April 3, 2021):
Meet saver mode saves data, battery and CPU usage for video calls
- Enable Meet saver mode to save data, extend battery life and limit CPU usage. Users need to enable this mode before the video call starts to save data, battery and improve computer performance.
- Create a waiting room before video calling via Google Calendar. Organizers of online meetings or online classes can assign members to the lounge via the Google calendar app.
- Use Meet Global Dialing for Google Workspace meetings. Use a mobile device to join Google Meet video calls from multiple countries. More international phone support for Google Workspace users when Meet Global Dialing is enabled in your organization.
- Stop meeting for everyone: Meeting or class organizer online learning has the option to stop the session for all members or allow members to keep the call after leaving.
- Mute all users: This function applies. For online learning or training programs, the host easily mutes all members at once.
Google Meet Online (February 2021):
Preview your images and sound quality before starting an online class or meeting via video call.
Check image and sound before starting a video call with Meet
Before joining a video call on Google Meet, users can take advantage of the green room to test themselves on how the screen will look as well as the equipment. Set up audio for listening and speaking during meetings. This is a very important and necessary test to have a perfect online class or meeting, to ensure stable two-way picture and sound quality, especially when you are a host or need to speak a lot. during the call.
- Join any meeting with Google Meet.
- In the green room, choose the audio and video options you want. want.
- In the bottom left corner, before joining, click Check your audio and video Inventory.
- In the window that opens, check all the devices. Set up your device and then click Next.
- To preview your own image as it goes live, click Start.
- In the upper right corner, click Close.
- Start the meeting or continue to change the settings if you want.
Google Meet Online (December 2020) :
New language for subtitles Google Meet
Google has added new language options for subtitles. Meet users in Asia Pacific or the EMEA region on computers can use subtitles in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
Google Meet supports additional languages new for subtitles in video call
To use subtitles in a video call:
You can turn on Captions to see the subtitles everyone says during a video call. Normally, subtitles are set to English by default. But for the new Google Meet, you will be able to choose English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, etc. subtitles. In the case of video call recording, the subtitles are not saved and do not appear during playback. this file.
How to turn subtitles on and off:
- On a computer, go to Google Meet.
- Join Join any video call.
- At the bottom of the screen, click “Turn on captions” or “Turn off captions.”
- Change language.
- At the end of the video call, click the three-dot icon > Captions.
- Select a language and press Apply.
- Subtitles are always on by default for future video calls unless you turn them off.
- The language you choose will be defaulted until you when changed.
Google Meet Online (November 2020):
Update organization attendee tracking
- Add more Workspace users who have permission to track attendees.
- You will be Receive reports when there is a livestream session.
- Admin of Workspace can enable or disable the participant tracking report and the livestream session for the respective domain.
- Turn on or off the report Attendee tracking and livestream reports from Google Calendar or in a Meet video call.
- More break room for multi-user Workspace.
- Dial-in users can use break room.
- Meeting members can ask for help while in break room .
- Add a timer for break rooms.
Raise your hand in Google Meet
- Users can raise their hand to speak in Google Meet
- speak during a video call to let the host know you have an idea to share.
Start and join a video call via Google Hangouts
- Google Hangouts users can share a Google Meet video call link via the Hangouts app to instantly join an online meeting.
Browse join requests in bulk. Google Meet meetings
- Allows to browse all meeting waitlists to avoid interruptions during video calls instead of browsing members one by one.
Organization and join a meeting quickly and smoothly on Google Meet
How to join an online meeting or class on Google Meet
- Through the event on Google Calendar.
- Directly from Meet.
- With a shared meeting link.
- From a meeting room Google created.
- From a 3rd party system.